Anything "Duochrome" or "Chameleon" can also be found using the tag "Color Shifting"

Updates & Notices

Warning: This blog and some info within is out of date. The date of any updates are usually noted at the top of each page/entry. As of 1/08/20, all pages have had dead links removed/repaired as well as 2010 entries and 2011 Jan-July.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Blog List Malware Warning

I believe there is a a rash of malware attaching itself to various blogs that you should be aware of. The symptoms of this? While going to check my own blog last night, Google Chrome warned me that one of the blogs/websites Polish & Pigments had listed contained malware and that going there could cause problems. When the offending link was removed, Google ceased to give me the warning. It also occurred with several other blogs I went to visit this morning before happening again with mine and once again, removing the offending link stopped the warning. I'm not going to allow this to spread to my readers and followers simply because they want to visit my site so temporarily, I'm removing the "Fellow Frankeners" and "Other Great Polish Blogs" lists from my page. The blog rolls will be restored at a later date. If you are experiencing this issue yourself, try doing what I did.

Update 6/24/12: The malware is still floating around in blog cyberspace, triggering the same warning from the same sites as before including kknails. Adding these links to your blog is all it requires.

Update 7/7/12: I am preparing to add again my "blog roll" but before it's added to the main page, I'm going through my Reading List from the Dashboard side and finding those blogs that are still infected. Thus far, the blog titled "KKnails" should be avoided and removed from your own lists.


-MK

8 comments:

  1. i read my blogroll through bloglovin and have been having this same problem for about a day/day and a half. ive run several scans using my malwarebytes and found no issues so im not sure what is going on, but its really annoying me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I have no infections but I don't take chances. Removing the entire link list solved the problem of the malware bouncing around. I started with removing the original link Google cited but it just went to another and another.

      Delete
  2. Yup, I had the same thing. My better half is a Programmer that knows I.T.; he went in and looked over everything and found a Blog listed in my Blogroll (The Nail Teacher) was infected and causing the malware warning. Once removed, I've had no more problems. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google told me who it was and hubby merely said I needed to find it and remove it. Needless to say, I felt like smacking my personal tech support up side the head. I fixed it on my own.

      Delete
  3. I keep getting this message too for Colores De Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog- and for leaving a comment if you do. Some get away from me but I try to respond to every one.