Anything "Duochrome" or "Chameleon" can also be found using the tag "Color Shifting"

Updates & Notices

Warning: This blog and some info within is out of date. The date of any updates are usually noted at the top of each page/entry. As of 1/08/20, all pages have had dead links removed/repaired as well as 2010 entries and 2011 Jan-July.

Monday, April 22, 2013

Tentative Pigment Sale

I got a lot of feedback from you all, my lovely audience, regarding my pigment collection. I'm not selling everything I own but it is definitely time to scale down the size- in the title I used the word "tentative"  only because I need to gather a few supplies to begin such as bags, mailing envelopes, perhaps something more substantial than a hand scale... I made up my mind about the sale, just hadn't worked out all the details.

In the meantime, you can help speed up the process by giving me an idea of what sort of prices would be considered reasonable and what amounts you'd be interested in because in truth, I have no idea what I'm doing! I have ounces of most, minus what I've used, so I'm negotiable to a point. I'm thinking 3 gram lots, 5 grams? Obviously, I know what the samples go for when purchased directly from the companies, as well as their shipping rates, rates I see no reason to go with. Whatever I shipped would go through the Postal Service with tracking and insurance.

As far as what pigments are up for grabs, everything I own is swatched on this blog and just about everything is for sale. I'll have to exclude of the duochromes from Anna's Art Asylum (I have only a few grams of these myself) and my precious SpectraFlair for the same reason. If you have a question about a specific pigment, ask me.

I'll keep you posted on my own progress with my little sale. -MK

7 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing what you will have to sell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be fine with ounce quantities if you don't want to have to get into separating it all out. Though it might be more profitable for you to split it so more people can purchase that same color. Just a thought!

    I'd be up for taking any Alsa's off your hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't planning to sell off the entire remaining quantities because I would like to keep some for myself when the urge to create comes back (plus I can also use these as an acrylic paint) but I live in a 1000 square foot apartment and this would serve dual purpose- thinning out ouces I couldn't use up in a lifetime making polish AND giving someone the opportunity to acquire a pigment that is either discontinued or in a smaller quantity. Profit I'll address in a minute above.

      As far as Alsa, you can now find the majority of similar glitters, other places such as Glitter Unique or Alsa's from Alsa themselves. Not to mention the bags are fuller than what I received from Pivco.

      Delete
  3. i'd be especially interested in any duochrome pigments especially, and as far as prices anything comparable to tkb trading would be ideal for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I made my prices the same as TKB Trading (or Coastal Scents and The Conservatorie, depending), it would make more sense to buy directly from them and if I set them lower, I'll be taking a loss, something I am not prepared to do. The original shipping to me and the cost of packing and shipping materials have to be taken into consideration. Mind you, I didn't say I wanted my profit to be 25% more than what I paid, but taking a loss would be silly.

      Delete
  4. I'd be interested in any size. I'd be extremely interested in any interference type mica/pigment you are willing to sell. in not entirely sure what price to suggest. as long as its not more than they are being sold from the original seller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See the above response regarding price.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog- and for leaving a comment if you do. Some get away from me but I try to respond to every one.