Anything "Duochrome" or "Chameleon" can also be found using the tag "Color Shifting"

Updates & Notices

Warning: This blog and some info within is out of date. The date of any updates are usually noted at the top of each page/entry. As of 1/08/20, all pages have had dead links removed/repaired as well as 2010 entries and 2011 Jan-July.

Saturday, June 14, 2014

China Glaze Prism

By now its obvious that, despite my frankening hobby, I don't pay much attention to my nails- I like the look of nicely polished nails but not the time involved in doing it  (I do paint them slightly more often than it looks like here but usually my photos leave a lot to be desired so I forego posting). Today though I decided to make an exception on both counts because in a matter of hours my sister and I will be going out for some much needed girl time and I like to dress up a bit when we do. She also has her nails done (professionally) on these occasions so my bare nails just didn't seem like much fun!

I chose China Glaze Prism from the Prismatic Chroma Glitters collection figuring that sheer polish would be more forgiving to my messier paint jobs- read that as less obvious, and I was right. I was also happy to discover that it dried fast which means I have far less time to screw it up, at least until I smack a nail on something and take a chunk off. The only issue I had was some difficulty covering the sides of my nails, a problem I always have but my bottle being a little thick didn't help; I could've remedied that with thinner but like my polish remover, its downstairs and inaccessible momentarily.

On to the pictures, try not to shudder. I could have digitally cleaned the photos up since I haven't been able to do it in real life just yet but that would be false representation of my skill. I will say that I didn't do this polish justice so if you haven't ever seen it in real life or worn it, please do a Google search for swatches. Lucky for me, it does look better in real life. Note to self: keep the tripod handy, one-handed shots don't work.

2 or 3 coats, no top coat yet.





As always, thanks for taking the time to visit me and read this. -MK

3 comments:

  1. It's so funny you feel this way! I thought I was the only one. I have an immense polish collection and love the colors and finishes, and I love how a nicely polished nail looks but I rarely take the time to polish myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a big collection too... that gathers dust. Polished nails are so much prettier.

      Delete
  2. Reposted: from Anonymous, 7:56a I was suggested this blog by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks! (Link Omitted)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog- and for leaving a comment if you do. Some get away from me but I try to respond to every one.