Links checked 12/12/13
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you.
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
The only qualification is having less than 200 followers and of course you must be nominated.
First off, let me say that I was surprised but honored to be given this award by our fellow blogger, Frankenstyna (blog of the same name) about a week ago. I love your username, lady, never fails to make me smile. Thank you for thinking of me when you had to choose your favorites, I know the choice couldn't have been easy with so many wonderful blogs out there.
So it's now my turn to pick favorites and pass on the award and I think this is a fine way to pass on some recognition too. I tried to choose all franken polish blogs for mine because there are a lot fewer out there than regular swatch/review blogs but it seems that they are mostly so popular that there are too many followers to qualify. Instead, here are a some other choice picks. Technically speaking, these are in no particular order.
1. Jim from Men and nail polish gets to be "#1" because it's a man. While yes, men wearing nail polish has become popular enough that they have their own line, not many are going to be open about it in cyberspace or in real life so I have to give this man props for doing that.
2. Kim from feedkmayeorchids is my second choice because not only does she have more than a few frankens on her blog, I like her makeup pics and nail art too.
3. Johanna of Paillette from a little nail polish journal has plenty of posted frankens and lots of swatch pictures too. The brands she has featured go from higher end salon quality to "drugstore" brands, many of which are available locally. This I can appreciate.
4. Liis K of
I. R. Pale doesn't post frankens but one of the reasons I love her blog is that she has lots and lots of pigment swatches, of particular interest to me were those from The Conservatorie. Without I. R. Pale, I don't know that I would have given them a second look. She appears to be taking a break from blogging but you should still check her out.
5. Annika Noir from Nails by Noir is my most recent read-worthy discovery. Her blog strikes me as classy because it is in design and the nail polish jewelry she makes is too. Also, because she is a Swedish lady, she swatches brands I've not seen much of and certainly don't own.