Anything "Duochrome" or "Chameleon" can also be found using the tag "Color Shifting"

Updates & Notices

Warning: This blog and some info within is out of date. The date of any updates are usually noted at the top of each page/entry. As of 1/08/20, all pages have had dead links removed/repaired as well as 2010 entries and 2011 Jan-July.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Color Recipe Flubs

Links checked 12/12/13

I spent my day yesterday messing around with my pigments trying to create something new in addition to trying to tweek The Conservatorie's Shamrock. After several hours and two flubs I decided I'm not much good at it. I often forget to factor in that the color is going to darken when it's added to polish and some interference pigments will be diminished; what looks great "dry" is less remarkable in polish.

So after Shamrock ended up looking like a cross between Coastal Scents' Duocrome Iridescent Green Gold Mica and Gemtone Topaz Mica (I could've sworn that was Gemstone) and my 30 gram container was too full to continue, I started wondering what does everyone else do when their color recipe fails? Do you set it aside, hopefully to go back later and fix it? Do you give it away to someone else or forget about it altogether? Would anyone else even want something like that?

What do you do? Fill me, let me know. Got suggestions, ideas? You can tell me that too. In the meantime I'm going to pack my flubs away along with the frustration before my white walls go green and not in the environmental way. -MK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog- and for leaving a comment if you do. Some get away from me but I try to respond to every one.