Anything "Duochrome" or "Chameleon" can also be found using the tag "Color Shifting"

Updates & Notices

MOST prices & info on products are out of date, with the exception of the Chameleon Pigment Suppliers list (updated most frequently). The date of any updates are noted at the top of each page/entry.

Friends & Followers

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Supplies: Other Good Ideas...

The first brought to you by, none other than TKB Trading!

Periodically I go check TKB's "New!" page for updates and one of those times, I saw that they'd listed an ink mixer, normally used in the tattoo industry. It's portable, runs on 2 AA batteries and mixes via vibration. I don't own it so I can't attest to it's effectiveness but Mrs. Westerman, in a video, used it to mix a newly made franken and I began wondering if it would work on mixing those long settled, no-suspension-base frankens, no shaking or "dead arm" required. This item has been discontinued but I'm leaving it for reference because I still think it's a good idea and an item I'm sure can be found elsewhere.

The second item in this entry was an impulse buy but based on the idea of TKB's silicone sheet- silicone baking cups.

I picked these up on a trip to my local Dollar Tree store, the set of 6 for $1.00. I knew already that polish could be peeled off because I own the Norpro silicone sheet but as much as I like it, it's not portable without rolling it up or folding it. I thought these could protect the work area like the sheet but also contain polish spills and allow me to pour it back in the bottle- I haven't had the opportunity to test that theory out. I can tell you that you don't want to use these with glitter spills because the glitter sticks. -MK

Related Entries:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog- and for leaving a comment if you do. Some get away from me but I try to respond to every one.