Anything "Duochrome" or "Chameleon" can also be found using the tag "Color Shifting"

Updates & Notices

MOST prices & info on products are out of date, with the exception of the Chameleon Pigment Suppliers list (updated most frequently). The date of any updates are noted at the top of each page/entry.

Friends & Followers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Walgreens Makeup Find

I went to Walgreens the other day to pick up a few things and they are stocking all sorts of goodies, no doubt in preparation for Christmas so I wandered down the cosmetics, nail polish and hair care isles (like I do every chance I get). Up on the top shelf in the hair care isle I found a couple displays with Profusion brand makeup kits, one being a 120 piece eye shadow set… for $10.00! I haven’t worn makeup regularly in years (in fact what I do own is probably expired) but 120 colors were hard to resist, particularly at $10. Some of the kits in the display had broken corners or shadows crumbled out but I found one with the least amount of damage.
Top picture shows the broken corner, tthe second displays the pull-out tray, bottom tray and mirror. The third picture was taken outside in sunlight for the most accurate display of color.

Naturally I intend to pop the eye shadows out of their little pans and turn them into fingernail polish at some point so when I do, I’ll post a few of them. To my way of looking at it I just acquired enough colors for 120 (possible) bottles of fingernail polish for $10.

Note: For those of you that find this (or similar) in your local Walgreens store and bought it for the same purpose as I did, the bottom tray with the square pans will come up and out - the glue used is weak- but the pans themselves do not remove as easily and will deform when you try to pry them up. The triangular pans in the top tray are easily removable with a needle under a corner but will also deform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog- and for leaving a comment if you do. Some get away from me but I try to respond to every one.