Anything "Duochrome" or "Chameleon" can also be found using the tag "Color Shifting"

Updates & Notices

MOST prices & info on products are out of date, with the exception of the Chameleon Pigment Suppliers list (updated most frequently). The date of any updates are noted at the top of each page/entry.

Friends & Followers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

TKB Trading's "Travel To..." & "Sparks!" pigments

Update 12/9/10: As part of my Christmas present from my husband (Thank you dear!) I have purchased TKB's Planetary Sampler along with the Reflecks Sampler so I'll post swatches soon!

I have no swatches to offer you of these pigments because I do not own them. This is not to say that I don't want them because I do but they are on the pricier side and I have trouble justifiying spending $14 on one pigment when I can spend the same amount and get three different ones. At any rate they are on my "wishlist" but I find both TKB Trading's decsriptions and pictures a little lacking.
TKB Trading offers both sets of pigments in a discounted collection shown here: Planetary Sampler, Sparks! Collection.

I did my homework and found the manufacturer of both sets of pigments, EMD Chemicals. This is ordinarily unimportant but on their website they have a more in-depth description of each pigment and shows them used in what appears to be clear polish or other clear medium- which gave me a better idea what they'd be like in polish, my intended use. It makes for interesting reading.

Xirona- Travel throug the World...
Ronastar- Interference Sparks

If you're curious, other pigment manufacturers can be found below.
BASF- Effects Pigments
Geotech- Geoshine Can view color cards of their glitter.
Eckart Effects Pigments- Brochures
Eckart Effects Pigments links to all lines of pigments.
Coloray
Kobo Products Inc.
Sun Chemical- Pigments
EMD Chemiicals- Color Cosmetics

Related Entries:

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Go check out TKB forum, it seems to me they are about to make a nail kit too and are having one of their contests soon :)
    I think you should attend.

    Liis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to do that, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog- and for leaving a comment if you do. Some get away from me but I try to respond to every one.